In spite of plunging temperatures, 110 Brave Polar Bears came out to Willow Springs Park on January 1st 2018 to ring in the New Year.
DDS is Thankful and Blessed!
Thanks to the generosity of our community, the event served as the catalyst to raise over $18,000 for people with disabilities living in Lebanon County.
On behalf of the many individuals and families who benefit from Developmental & Disability Services of Lebanon Valley, DDS would like to thank everyone who participated in the 28th Annual Polar Bear Club Plunge at Willow Springs Park. We especially wish to express our sincere gratitude to Tom & Joya Morrissey and the Morrissey family and friends for hosting this great community event.
There are many people to thank for making this event possible:
- Myerstown First Aide & Safety and Scuba Divers - Thank you for making sure we have a fun safe event for our participants
- DJ Jim Payne - Thank you for getting the crowd rock’n for our Dance Party
- Turkey Hill Road Crew - Thank you for the fun prizes - Love the sunglasses!
- Epic Eats - Thank you for warming the crowd with chili, hot cocoa and coffee
- Sunnyside Motor Cycle Club - Thank you for assisting with Frost Bite, traffic control and parking.
While the weather held us back from reaching our goal, we are amazed by the many people who did come out to support and celebrate with us. Thankful and blessed!
Fortunately, it's not too late to join the cause.
Don't be left out in the cold, .... DONATE:
- Make a general donation
- Sponsor one of our many brave Polar Bears
- Adopt a Penguin for $10. http://Register Here
How will your support make a difference?
- Reduce barriers for people with disabilities
- Provide education and training services, including early intervention, job coaching and habilitation
- Empower people to live as independently as possible in our community
Developmental & Disability Services (DDS) of Lebanon Valley is a great charity that serves over 350 people each year from birth through adulthood. The majority of these services are provided FREE to individuals and their families and are provided on a one-to-one basis in our community. Learn more about DDS by visiting their website, www.ddslebanon.org.
The TAX ID # for Developmental and Disability Services of Lebanon Valley is 23-1645462. Our Certificate of Registration from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is #3800. The official registration and financial information for Developmental and Disability Services of Lebanon Valley may be obtained from Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.